- Need help installing your rainwater tank? We can help.
- Make sure that you select the "Yes" for the installation option when ordering your rainwater tank.
- Whether you are looking to replace an old tank, save money on your water bill, help the environment with a greener future or receive expert advice on the requirements for rainwater tanks under the South Australian Development codes.
- We can help organize you a Master Plumbers take pride in delivering a service that goes above and beyond.
- The extensive level of expertise possessed by our team will ensure that professional advice on product recommendation and installation is given to best suit your individual needs.
- We are committed to capture and utilise precious natural resources and if you choose us, you will be met with a turnkey solution, paired with market leading rainwater tank(s), pump(s) & accessories, covered by a 12 month workmanship warranty.
Essential Site Preparation
Note: Incorrect site preparation or installation may void your warranty.
- Please follow this brief guide for the correct base preparation to ensure a correct foundation is laid for your Australife Rain Water Tank.
- Any damage caused due to failure or movement of the tank base is not covered by the warranty.
- Please consider that 1000L of water weighs 1000kg, keeping in mind that your Rain Water Tank can weigh up to 400kg and this is a significant force. Incorrectly prepared foundations may subside under the weight of a full tank.
- This base preparation guide should be taken as a guide only. Australife accept no responsibility for the failure of a tank base.
- CONCRETE BASE
- A concrete slab is the most suitable base for your Australife Rain Water Tank.
- Construction of a concrete base needs a minimum of 100mm thick concrete, on a flat level area.
- If the tank is to be positioned in an area that is on a slope then the thickness of the slab is to be increased to be a higher grade. The slab must be flat, smooth and level.
- Slabs must be large enough to support all edges of the tank, and should be at least 100mm longer and wider than the tank.
- CRUSHER DUST BASE
- Crusher dust bases are only suitable for larger diameter round tanks.
- The crusher dust must have no particles larger than 5mm diameter.
- The crusher dust is to be 100mm thick.
- It must be compacted, level and flat.
- A border must be placed around the crusher dust to ensure it is not undermined by heavy rain.
- The base should be large enough to support all edges of the tank.
- Tank may be filled straight away.
- Sand is not acceptable.
Note: Care must be taken when positioning the tank on a crusher dust base. This will ensure it does not dig in and create an uneven surface.